Innovative. Sustainable. Home.
Cohousing communities are intentional, collaborative neighborhoods created with a little ingenuity. They bring together the value of private homes with the benefits of more sustainable living. That means residents actively participate in the design and operation of their neighborhoods, and share common facilities and good connections with neighbors. All in all, they stand as innovative and sustainable answers to today’s environmental and social problems. Welcome home.Visit Coho/US
What is Coho/US?
Coho/US is a national non-profit raising awareness of the benefits of cohousing and supporting the development of cohousing communities nationwide. We serve as a connector and clearinghouse to grow and nurture cohousing.
What is our Mission?
Coho/US advances cohousing by assisting forming and existing communities through a robust network of resources and access to technical assistance; and educating the public about the benefits of cohousing, from resource conservation and sustainability to resilient communities and healthy families.
Coho/US Program & Services
- Educating and inspiring through national and regional conferences
- Serving as a clearinghouse and connector for resources and professional services
- Building a national cohousing community through networks and mentoring
- Fostering a cohousing-friendly social, political and economic environment through education & advocacy
- Collaborating on opportunities to grow the cohousing movement and nurture communities